Sign in

International support

International SupportOur international advice service, based centrally within The Student Hub and is here to support you throughout your student experience and help you to get the most out of your student life from arrival to graduation.

Solent University welcomes students from all over the world and we have students from over 70 different countries studying here with us.

This area of the portal provides useful information and advice for international students on all aspects of student life. It is good to check pages regularly to keep up to date with the latest information and advice from our service. 

If you have any questions or concerns please drop-in to The Student Hub on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 10:00 am and 11:30 am. If you feel your situation requires more time, you may need to make an appointment with the International Adviser. You can do this via the advisers in The Student Hub, or by contacting us by phone or email as follows:

Tel: 023 8201 3821.


Extending your visa

Extending your visa

If you need to extend your visa we can help! Whether your situation is straightforward or more complex, please come and see the international advice team for advice

Biometric Residence Permit

Biometric Residence Permit

If you extend your visa in the UK your new immigration permission (known as Leave to Remain) will be issued on a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

Work and study

Working in the UK during and after studies

Find out how to find employment, how many hours you can work during term-time, and explore your options for work after study 

Academic support

Academic support

Find out about the comprehensive network of support services to help you overcome any challenges you may face during your time here at Solent

Financial problems

Financial problems

Information about how and when to pay your tuition fees, how to open a UK bank account, and other frequently asked question about financial issues

Travelling to Europe

Travelling to Europe

If you are not a European Economic Area national and want to travel to Europe, you may need a Schengen visa before you travel

Page last updated on Wednesday 27 June 2018 at 12.07pm.


Change font size

Change colours

Graphics Version

Accessibility on the Portal

Cookies and Southampton Solent University

We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.

Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.

Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings

Hide this message