Sign in

Student fees and finance

The cost of going to university can be a big worry, but there's plenty of financial support on offer from the government and other sources, to help ensure that financial circumstances aren't a barrier to gaining a higher education qualification.

If you are from the UK or EU and want to study full-time for an undergraduate degree, the government pays the University on your behalf, in the form of a tuition fee loan, which you repay later through the tax system when you have a job earning more than £16,365 per year for pre-2012 entry students and £21,000 for post-2012 entrants.

Those who wish to study an HNC/HND/degree on a part-time basis may be able to apply for help from the government. There are also other sources of help for part-time study, and you will find that based on hourly rates. Our course fees are considerably lower than many of the short courses and seminars offered by specialist training companies.  

Further information

For information and advice on funding please contact our student funding team.


Page last updated on Tuesday 2 January 2018 at 11.56am.


Change font size

Change colours

Graphics Version

Accessibility on the Portal

Cookies and Southampton Solent University

We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.

Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.

Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings

Hide this message