Browser does not support script.
Solent University Portal
University gateway for students and staff
Explore University Websites
Search the portal
Popular student searches
Please login to add this event
Solent Futures have been working hard to develop a number of excellent online resources for you. These include film tutorials as well as live Zoom workshops throughout June. Links to bookings for the live workshops are below the event description.
For more details of any of the resources use the contact details for Solent Futures listed below.
1. Thursday 4 June - LinkedIn: 11-11.40am. This workshop will take you through the steps to make an excellent LinkedIn profile that showcases your skills, knowledge and experience. It will walk you through how to use the platform to make connections, gain industry insights and help you find a graduate job.
Book your place
2. Tuesday 9 June - Final Year What Next: 11-11.40am
This workshop will provide tips on finding a focus, an opportunity to consider your future graduate options, ways to identify what employers want and how to undertake a reactive and proactive job search.
3. Thursday 11 June – Postgraduate Study: 11-11.40am. Find out about some of the main study and research options available to you
4. Tuesday 16 June – Creative CVs: 11-11.40am. This workshop will provide an insight into creative self-promotion; sharing a variety of presentation formats and examples of creative practice and focusing on how to effectively showcase your suitability to future employers.
5. Thursday 18 June - Resilience: 11-11.40am. This workshop will help you to learn what resilience is all about and why it is so important for your future. It’s also a chance for you to try out some practical strategies to help you overcome challenges on your career path.
6. Thursday 25 June - Applications and Interviews: 3-3.40pm. This workshop will provide advice on how to effectively promote yourself during the application and selection process; including examples of how to tackle challenging questions, and key tips for success.
Some of the films and programmes which can be accessed through the Covid-19 tile on the Solent Futures Online dashboard include:
1. How to find part-time work
2. How to find volunteering opportunities
3. Placements – Covid19 advice - What can I do?
4. Goal setting
In addition to these workshops and films, Solent Futures are available to support you in other ways.
Please send any enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers guidance is available through email, Skype or Zoom. These can be booked through a Solent Futures Appointments on SOL. If you are a graduate email email@example.com
Information and advice can be found through Solent Futures Online.
Please login to submit a comment.
Page last updated on Wednesday 27 May 2020 at 3.15pm.
Accessibility on the Portal
Cookies and Southampton Solent University
We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.
Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.
Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings
Hide this message
© Solent University
Main switchboard tel: 023 8201 3000Contact