Sign in

Personal - Who can I talk to about a personal issue?

Personal - Who can I talk to about a personal issue?

You can speak to a trained and experienced student adviser in Students 1st Support about anything that is worrying you; you do not need an appointment, just drop in and see us in RM011. You can speak to someone in private, and we will treat your query in the strictest confidence.

If you are finding that your personal problems are impacting on your academic studies, we can put you in touch with the right people to give you the advice and support you need. If you have a short-term personal or medical issue and are unable to complete an exam or hand in a piece of work, you may be able to apply for extenuating circumstances.

We also have a counselling service which provides free and confidential emotional support for all students. You will need to complete an online assessment form initially, and a counsellor will be in touch with you to arrange an appointment. See How to book.


Page last updated on Monday 26 September 2016 at 3.22pm.

Student Services


Change font size

Change colours

Text Only

Accessibility on the Portal

Cookies and Southampton Solent University

We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.

Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.

Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings

Hide this message