Browser does not support script.
Southampton Solent University
Southampton Solent University Portal
University gateway for students and staff
Explore University Websites
Search the portal
Popular student searches
This notice contains information for students who have now completed their course and may be graduating; students who are continuing on their course; students who may not be able to progress and any student who has outstanding assessments to complete. Please read this information carefully.
The scheduled examination period is from 26 June 2017 to 1 July 2017 and may include weekends and some evenings. The examination timetables will be published on the Portal before the relevant examination period. If you are unable to locate details of the date of your examination(s) please contact the Student Hub URGENTLY. It is your responsibility to ensure that you find out the date, time and venue for your examination(s).
1. Your referral/deferral brief will be made available to you via Solent Online Learning (SOL) on the June Referral/Deferral Assessment Briefs 2016/17 page. If you are not able to access the information then please contact the Student Hub.
2. Referred/deferred coursework should be submitted by Friday 30 June 2017 via the method stated on your assessment brief. All hard copy submissions by 4pm at the assessments hatch (A309) and all online submissions by 10pm. You are required to keep a copy of all submitted work where possible.
3. The decision as to whether you have passed referred/deferred units will be considered at the next relevant unit assessment board and your overall status will be considered at the next relevant progression and award board.
1. If your outcome from the assessment board requires you to make a decision and you need any support in understanding the implications of this please contact the student assessments team on 023 8201 5023, firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting during result surgery, which take place 15-23 June (Mon-Fri standard office hours, Sat-Sun 10am-2pm).
2.You must inform the Student Assessments Team (via the link on the results portal) no later than Friday 23 June 2017. If the student assessments team does not hear from you by then it will be assumed that you wish to take your referred/deferred assessments/exams and will expect you to submit/sit on the dates indicated in sections B and C. This will be considered an attempt at the assessment whether you submit or not.
3. If you decide to accept your award you may be eligible to attend the graduation ceremony in July (see Section K below).
If you experience extenuating circumstances during 2016/17 please refer to the Portal for details of the procedure and contact the Student Hub if you require any further guidance.
PLEASE NOTE: For postgraduate, HNC/D and foundation degree courses you must pass all units to attain your award.
3. If you are currently in a position to progress to the next stage/level of your course OR have been given the opportunity to repeat the stage/level OR are re-attempting some assessments from the existing level of your course then you need to register for the next academic year once available. You will be informed by email to your student account once online registration is available. If you are in receipt of a student loan, failure to do this will unfortunately delay payment of the first instalment of your loan into your bank account, so please register as soon as possible.
4. The decision as to whether you have passed referred/deferred units will be considered at the next relevant unit assessment board and your overall status will be considered at the next relevant progression and award board.
For enquiries about your results please contact the Student Assessments Team.
Tel: 023 8201 5023
In person: Result surgeries in A309 - 15-23 June 2017 (Mon-Fri standard office hours, Sat-Sun 10am-2pm).
If you have any concerns about the outcome of the assessment board you must formally appeal the result. Any academic appeals must be received no later than 10 working days after the results publication date. The query should be in writing on the university academic appeal form, addressed to the student assessment manager or e-mailed to email@example.com.
For continuing students, the 2017/18 academic session starts at 9am on Monday 25 September 2017 unless otherwise stated. Part time students should check the Portal for specific days of attendance.
The graduation ceremony will be held the week commencing 10 July 2017 at Southampton Guildhall. To be eligible to attend you must have already registered your intention to attend the ceremony and cleared all debts owing to the university. If you have achieved your award, registered to attend graduation and have no debts outstanding, your ceremony attendance will be confirmed and your e-tickets sent.
Please login to submit a comment.
Page last updated on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at 2.53pm.
Accessibility on the Portal
Cookies and Southampton Solent University
We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.
Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.
Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings
Hide this message
Southampton Solent University
© Southampton Solent University
Main switchboard tel: 023 8201 3000Contact