Sign in

Health advice

HealthcareMedical treatment for students is provided by the NHS. To access NHS services, all students are required to be registered with a doctor near to where they are living whilst at the University. 

Lists of doctors in the area are available from the students 1st team in the Student Hub.

Information about registering with a doctor

There is also a large supply of information leaflets on a variety of health-related subjects freely available in the Student Hub, as well as information about registering with a dentist.

Emergencies and first aid

First aidIf you are injured or are taken ill whilst on campus, your immediate needs will be dealt with by qualified first aiders, who will arrange for whatever action is required. 

For any first aid emergency at Southampton Solent University there is only one number to phone - ext 3700. Be ready to state your name, the nature of the injury and where the incident has taken place.

First aid ext: 3700

Residence assistants in the halls of residence are qualified first aiders and have had additional training in dealing with illness in the halls. Should you fall ill whilst in your hall, they will assist you and call a doctor or the emergency services on your behalf. 


Page last updated on Monday 14 March 2016 at 9.36am.


Change font size

Change colours

Text Only

Accessibility on the Portal

Cookies and Southampton Solent University

We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.

Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.

Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings

Hide this message