Browser does not support script.
Southampton Solent University
Southampton Solent University Portal
University gateway for students and staff
Explore University Websites
Search the portal
Popular student searches
The library portal should be user-focused:
Providing the information and services required by students and staff at Southampton Solent University
Catering for a range of IT literacy and information seeking styles eg searching, browsing
Engaging ie consistent, clear, easy to use, interesting
Constantly evolving and evaluated
1. The primary aim of the library's website is to provide service information and seamless access to electronic information resources from the library e.g. library catalogue; databases, ebooks and websites selected by library staff.
2. The library will work to provide as many of its services online within technical, legal and financial constraints.
3. The site will publicise all library services and events by posting timely news bulletins, service hours, staff and organisational information.
4. The library will develop and maintain user guides and online training resources to support information literacy skills.
5. The site will be up-to-date and of recognised quality throughout, in accordance with accepted best practice in web design eg clear navigation, site structure; and Southampton Solent University’s own portal guidelines on content including Appendix 1: Writing for the Web
6. The site should encourage strong two-way communication eg email, feedback forms
7. As far as possible, the site will be accessible:
8. The site should be an example of best practice in using the Internet to provide information and services e.g. copyright, metadata, annual archiving
9. The library site should have a system for continual evaluation e.g. usability surveys
10. The site should be well managed with clear overall management, clearly expressed aims, good documentation, devolved lines of responsibility and adequate resources.
For more information, contact us via the Library Enquiry Hub
Please login to submit a comment.
Page last updated on Tuesday 22 August 2017 at 10.26am.
Accessibility on the Portal
Cookies and Southampton Solent University
We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.
Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.
Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings
Hide this message
© Solent University
Main switchboard tel: 023 8201 3000Contact