Browser does not support script.
Solent University Portal
University gateway for students and staff
Explore University Websites
Search the portal
Popular student searches
Please login to add this event
The National Careers Service are running these workshops on 20 May and 3 June, designed for adults (aged 19+) who have disabilities, learning difficulties or other health conditions, to help you with recognising your strengths and requesting reasonable adjustments when job searching and making career plans.
- You can book on and attend both sessions, or choose just one
- If you attend both sessions, you can choose to do this on the same day, or spilt it across two days
- Staff and students who feel the session would be beneficial to them are welcome to attend
The sessions’ location is fully wheelchair accessible. If we can make any reasonable adjustments (e.g. handouts in a particular format, or sensory adjustments), please contact Hannah West (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible, in order to help us with meeting your request.
Book your place on eventbrite
Session 1 (10AM - 1PM) – “Know Yourself”
This session focuses on giving you confidence in your own skills and discussing how to display these on your CV. We’ll:
Session 2 (2PM - 5PM) – “Disclosing disabilities, learning difficulties and long term health conditions”
This session focuses on how to discuss disabilities, learning difficulties and long term health conditions with employers in a positive manner, for mutual benefit. We’ll:
· Cover the legal standpoint for disclosure
· Consider the benefits of disclosing a disability, learning difficulty or long-term medical condition
· Describe what reasonable adjustments are
· Help you to consider what reasonable adjustments might be relevant to you and how best to ask employers for these
· Identify further sources of support to help you with disclosure
· Practice using the STAR method to give examples of your skills/experience
Please login to submit a comment.
Page last updated on Tuesday 2 April 2019 at 4.21pm.
Accessibility on the Portal
Cookies and Southampton Solent University
We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.
Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.
Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings
Hide this message
© Solent University
Main switchboard tel: 023 8201 3000Contact