Sign in

Insurance requirements for outside suppliers

In common with other universities and outside companies, Southampton Solent University expects that its contractors and suppliers will hold their own insurance cover, just as we do. 

This is important as the university is paying for and relying on the services provided by its contractors. We need to know that the university is protected in the event that the services provided are not as specified or do not reach the required standard.

For this reason all external suppliers must hold their own insurance cover. We would expect our contractors to hold public liability insurance of at least £5 million and where appropriate professional indemnity insurance. Please review the guidlines for minimum insurance requirements below. This gives an indication of the levels required by the university.

Should a school or service wish to employ an organisation or individual without suitable cover being in place, then a waiver form would need to be completed and authorised before work begins. 


To view PDF files you need to have Adobe Reader™ installed.
Adobe Reader™ is available free from the Adobe website.

Page last updated on Tuesday 28 August 2018 at 12.23pm.


Change font size

Change colours

Graphics Version

Accessibility on the Portal

Cookies and Southampton Solent University

We need to place cookies on your computer to ensure your browsing experience with us is enhanced.

Please continue browsing as normal if you are happy for cookies to be placed on your computer.

Find out how these cookies are used and how to change your settings

Hide this message